Payment: major credit cards. Cash payment is allowed upon payment of a reference work control and storage of a deposit to cover the rental and the deductible with a minimum of € 600,00.
Taxes: value added tax 21%, unless otherwise specified.
Insurance: in case of accident, and not for each incident, the customer is liable for damages caused our vehicle up to a maximum relief. The insurance does not cover damage to the roof of the vehicle and mechanical damage caused by inappropriate use of the vehicle remain at the full expense.
Fuel: charged to the customer. If the car is returned with a full tank without the same will be charged the cost of refueling of € 20,00 plus the cost of gallons of fuel.
Deliveries and included: € 30,00 in the urban area, € 1,30 per km in the suburban (min. € 36,00).
Holidays to leave Italy: for any request to make arrangements before renting directly with Genovarent.
Minimum age: 19 years.
Driver's license: it is enough to drive vehicles in category B license for at least a year (in case of driving license expired, the Customer must pay the rental for the period of the seizure of the vehicle).
Substitutions: Genovarent at its sole discretion, may refuse to grant a car in replacement stolen car , fire, total destruction or irreparable damage to the rented vehicle.
Extensions of hire: if the customer wants to extend the rental beyond the time set is required to give immediate notification to Genovarent to enable the extension of insurance cover.
Drop-off: for all pricing formulas, excluding weekend, we apply a tolerance of 59 minutes Time of refund provided the vehicle takes place within the opening hours of offices, after this period will be charged a day's rental more. For all returns made during the time of closing offices, the customer remains responsible for the vehicle until the reopening of the offices themselves.
Accessories: available on request, SNOW CHAINS (additional € 20,00), SATELLITE NAVIGATION (supplement € 12,00 / day), ROPE, TAPE and TRANSPORT TROLLEYS (additional € 5.00), BABY SEAT.
For additional requirements apply to our staff.
Rates: subject to change without notice
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. GENOVARENT (herein called “Lessor” shall consign to the lessee (called “Renter”) the vehicle specified on page 1, in good order and condition. Lessor conseigns the vehicle with the thank full of petrol, unless otherwise specified on page 1, and shall be equipped with the emergency triangle, a spare tyre, the other accessories shown on page 1. Renter, by taking possession of the vehicle, acknowledges that the same is in a satisfactory order and condition for its intended use and that all the items described above are in the vehicle. Renter is in duty bund to take care the vehicle and to use it with the accuracy of a good family man and, in every case, with proper technique of driving.
2. Lessor shall reimburse Renter for all mechanical repairs to the vehicle which appear on an invoice headed to Genovarent and not exceeding €50,00, if they do exceed this sum, they must obtain Lessor’s prior approval. Repairs and/or interventions with an amount higher than this, must be authorize pre-emptively by Lessor. Lessor warrants that an insurance policy is in force towards the Customer and any other authorized driver, for a maximum of 2.600.000,00 for accident. The policy does not cover damages suffered by the driver, not his civil responsibility for damages occurred to objects or animals transported. It does cover driver’s civil responsibility for damages suffered by third party transported, except if they are customer’s or driver’s family members, so as specified in the insurance policy. Customers declares to accept and commit himself to respect the policy’s clause and conditions. By initialling the “Personal Accident Insurance” box on page 1 renter will take advantage of a special insurance policy for damages suffered by the driver and/or members or his family or the family of the Renter as specified in the insurance policy whose clauses and conditions Renter declares to accept and binds himself to respect.
3. Renter’s Obligations -. Renter shall: a) drive the vehicle, keep and guard the same and its accessories, diligently and in conformity with proper technique of driving and with the applicable laws; b) ensure the proper upkeep of the vehicle, the greasing and check the level of all lubricants and brake fluid; c) be responsible for all fines and legal costs incurred ad a consequence of the violations by Renter of traffic laws or regulations; d) hold Lessor harmless from all claims based upon or arising out of damage to any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle, Renter acknowledges that he has no ownership interest in the vehicle and that the may not sell or otherwise dispose of it or use a security or pledge
4. Renter shall not use or drive the vehicle or allow it to be used, or driven: a) in a country not included in the green card and anyway in the following countries: Bulgary, Cekoslovenska, Greece, Iran, Marocco, Poland, Tunisia, Turkey, Hungary, Albany, ex-Jugoslavia; b)for the transportation of persons or of things for an express or implied considerations; c) for hire; d) to propel, push or tow any movable thing; e) under the influence of drugs, intoxicants, alcohol or narcotics; f) in any race, competition or speed test; g) for any illegal purpose; h) by any person other than the Renter or driver’s authorized on page 1; I) by any person who has given Lessor a false name, age or address. Under on circumstances shall Renter allow a person to drive the vehicle who is under 21 years of age or without a driving licence valid in the country in which the vehicle is driven.
5. Customer binds himself to fully refund the Lessor for every and whatever damage and/or theft for any reason occurred to the rented vehicle. If a clause to obtain franchise damages discount is subscripted, there is still a fixed franchise at customer’s own charge for any sinister: € 800,00 for group “H” and “N” vehicles, € 850,00 for group ”F5” and “F6” vehicles, and € 600,00 for vehicles of other groups. At any case the customer binds himself to fully refund all damages caused to vehicles roof, tops and/or parts supporting the vehicle and mechanic damages caused by inadequate use of the vehicle or anyhow used with no proper technique of drivers. Even if had he subscribed the franchise discount for theft; it must be understood that the amount corresponding to 10% (ten percent) – share of – vehicle/purchase price, remains at customer’s own charge.
6. In case of an accident Renter shall: a) inform Lessor immediately by telephone and send to him a detailed report within 24 hours using the form which be found among the vehicles documents; b) inform the nearest Police authority; c) not admit liability under any circumstance; d) take note of the name and addresses of the parties involved the accident and of the witnesses; e) give Lessor any order useful information; f) follow Lessor’s instructions concerning the provision to be made for safeguard or the repair of the vehicle. In case of non-fulfilment of obligations provided for letter a) of this article by that time, Renter is obligated to compensate Lessor for an amount of € 300,00
7. Renter shall return the vehicle to the place on or before the date specified on page 1 or at an earlier date if Lessor so requires, in the same conditions as received and with the same equipment, allowing for normal wear and tear. Whenever the vehicles is not returned to Lessor on such date. Lessor shall have a right to regain physical possession of the vehicle in any manner whatsoever ever against Renter’s will, and Renter shall be liable to Lessor for all incurred by Lessor.
8. The customer and/or warrantor binds himself to correspond the lessee – upon his request – the tariff charge of upon demand the time and kilometres charges specified on page 1, the transfer charge in case the vehicle is returned to a place other than the check-out one + government taxes, a sum corresponding to the cost of the fuel necessary in order to restore the original level in the tant in addition to the corresponding service charge, the special charges for Collision Damage Waiver and/or personal accident insurance if applicable, and any amounts due for other services. Lessor, after apposite controls, in case of impossibility to send back administrative sanctions or other notices concerning violation of highway code or failure to pay of parks or tolls, provide to pay in advance on behalf of Renter, with right of compensation towards him. In any case Renter is obliged to pay €25,00 for the administrative bills for any sanctions. The customer and/or warrantor using a credit card agrees that the afore-mentioned charges incurred. The customer and/or warrantor paying with pre-paid voucher is jointly responsible with the travel agency for the payment and any amount concerning the rental even in the case of partial or total insolvency on the part of issuing travel agency.
9. Whoever enters into this Letter’s rent in the name or on behalf or another person shall be jointly liable with the latter for the performance of the obligations there of Renter shall be responsible for the conduct of any person driving the vehicle.
10.In case of theft or attempted theft of the vehicle, the Renter shall officially notify in writing the Police authorities and shell deliver to the Lessor an authenticated copy of the notification, duly registered by the Police within six hours. In such case, rental charges are due until the date of the delivery of the copy of the official notification, based on the normal published per days rates, plus 100 kms per day. Together with the registered copy of notification, the Renter shall deliver to the Lessor the original keys of the vehicle and of the antitheft device, if it is available on the vehicle. Whenever the Renter does not return the keys, the Lessor shall have the right to demand the payment of a sum equal to 180 days of rental. The customer therefore accepts, on demand of the Lessor, to pay the above mentioned sum.
11.The customer and/or the warrantor are anyway responsible for the vehicle rented, for damages and/or thefts occurred during redelivery or if left in the open air outside the office after office hours and till its reopening.
12.Exemptions, Litigations, Miscellaneous – Lessor shall not be liable to Renter nor to any other person for damage of any sort including financial loss caused to them or to their property because of mechanical faults of the vehicle, breakdowns, theft, road accidents, riots, fire, earthquakes, wars or Acts of God. Any property left in the vehicle shall be deemed to have been abandoned and Lessor shall not be liable for its restitution.
13.GENOVARENT authorizes Renter to take the vehicle abroad on a temporary export basis.
14.Any legal action connected with this contract shall only brought before the proper Court slitting in Genoa.
15.No modification to these general conditions shall be valid unless agreed upon by an agent of Lessor having a written power of attorney.
16.The stated amount for which the invoice has been issued for the lease of the vehicle must be duly settled at delivery and/or reception of same, exception made if different agreement has been stated yet by a written act undersigned by both parties. Delay in settlement of due amount gives less the right to issue a credit note for interest at the official yearly rate for discount increased of five points.
17.In the event on any dispute arising from differences between the Italian and the English version, the Italian version will prevail in expressing the intention of the parties.
Personal data collected directly by the controller GENOVARENT S.r.l. – via Ruspoli 11A-r – 16129 – Genova (GE), are processed in printed and computing form for the performance of contractual and lawful obligations as well as for the effective handing of business relations, also for future use. The non-submittal of data, where not compulsory, will be evaluated from time to time by the controller and the resulting decisions to be made will take into account the importance of the required data in respect of the business relation management. Data may be disclosed, strictly in accordance with the above-mentioned purposes, and consequently processed, only in relation to the said purpose, by the other subjects: - our agents organization - factoring companies – banks - credit recovery companies - credit insurance company - business information companies - professional and consultants. The data subjects may exercise all the rights set forth in art.7 of L.n.196/2003 (including the rights of data access, updating, objects to data processing and cancellation)
The processor is Andrea Balbi do GENOVARENT S.r.l. – via Ruspoli 11A-r – 16129 – Genova (GE) - Tel 0039 010 564003.